Covid-19 Safety Protocols
Your safety and comfort are our utmost priority.
We have consulted with Fraser Health, WorkSafeBC, and other local business owners to create guidelines with procedures that will ensure your safety and comfort. Please note that amendments may be made as we will continue to closely monitor Fraser Health and WorkSafeBC’s guidelines. As a boutique personal training studio, we’re able to better control our environment to allow for extra sanitation and added safety guidelines.
- Sessions are to be reserved by emailing in or booking on our new app.
- Members Only: 12 hours notice will be required to reschedule your semi-private sessions.
- Members Only: 24 hours notice will be required to reschedule your 1on1 personal training sessions.
- Non Members and Trial Programs are ineligible for makeup sessions
- Semi-Private Sessions will be limited to 7 clients with possible amendments as guidelines continue to evolve.
- 1-on-1 Personal Training will be offered with 15-minute gap between clients to allow for sanitation and smooth traffic in and out of the facility.
- Semi-Private Sessions will be 45 minutes in duration to allow for a 15-minute gap for sanitation and smooth traffic in and out of the facility.
General Precautions for Clients and Staff
- Practice good hygiene
- Wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching your face
- Maintain social distancing and stay at least 6 feet apart at all times
- Cough into your elbow
- Sessions are by appointment only and must be scheduled with our Achieve app.
- Sessions will be limited to 7 clients per 45 minutes.
- Sessions are 45 minutes in duration with 15 minutes of gap in between sessions.
- If you are not feeling well – PLEASE STAY HOME! If you have any symptoms, you will not be permitted to enter. We have amended our session rescheduling policy from 24 hours to 12 hours to better accommodate you for scheduling. If you become sick less than 12 hours before your session, we expect that you still cancel your session. Ultimately this only works if we work together! Note: Rescheduled sessions can be scheduled anytime within the next 4 weeks, subject to availability of space. The app will allow for waitlists if a session time is full.
- Staff will have 24-hour wellness checks and will not be permitted to enter the facility should they show any signs of illness.
- If you have had contact with anyone who has COVID-19, you absolutely must notify us immediately!
- Staff will always be wearing masks when in the facility.
- Masks are required in common areas upon entering and exiting the studio. Masks during exercise is optional.
- If you require the restroom at any time, please follow the designated path towards the washrooms. Please observe the sanitation guidelines found inside the restroom.
What To Bring to Your Session
- A water bottle filled with water (we’ve been advised not to allow use of our water cooler).
- We will have bottled water available for purchase for $1
- Clean, indoor only workout shoes. Outdoor shoes must be sanitized upon entry.
- A towel
Please place your belongings (e.g. workout bag, water bottle, keys, etc.) inside your designated workout area which will be assigned to you. Please limit what you bring into the studio and ensure they are necessary items only. If possible, please get changed at home or at work.
Arriving to Your Session
- Please arrive 5 minutes prior to your session time for check-in.
- Doors will open 5 minutes prior to your session time. Please stand on the designated social distancing markers outside of the studio. The studio door will be held open with a door stopper to avoid touching the door handle.
- The trainer will have clients enter one at a time.
- The client must complete an honest evaluation of the presence of the following symptoms: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat/painful swallowing, stuffy or runny nose, loss of sense of smell, headache, muscle aches, fatigue, loss of appetite.
- Clients will be entering the studio one at a time with their masks on. You will be asked to sanitize your hands upon arrival.
- The trainer will be assigning you your workout bench. You will have your own workout bench, bosu, medicine balls, set up of weights, bands, etc. Each bench has weights going up to 30 pounds and a couple of benches with weights going up to 50+ pounds. No sharing of weights allowed with other clients. Please note that each workout area is assigned prior depending on the clients attending. We’ll do our best to assign you to your favourite spot. However, some clients require heavier weights or may require a different workout area based on their injuries.
- Clients are required to fill out a Covid-19 Safety Waiver and Liability Waiver before participating. On your first day, please hand in your waiver. If you have not filed one out, a clipboard will be available at your designated bench. Note: Please refrain from sitting on the benches along the windows. 🙂
Clients who are frequently late for their sessions are encouraged to register for a later time. We understand that sometimes you can be late despite your best intentions, and that things can come up. However, we greatly appreciate your understanding that it can be disruptive, and sometimes extend the length of the workout by having to re-demonstrate the exercises. We don’t want you to miss out on the demo of the workout. 🙂
If you do arrive late, please wait at the front to be checked in. In some circumstances, you may be asked to wait behind the stanchion belt until the demonstration of the workout is complete.
During Your Session
- The AC fan will be on for improved ventilation. Whenever possible, one door will remain open for air flow.
- Sharing of weights will not be allowed! The studio is sectioned off with squares. Each client will have their own designated square 8’ x 8’ (physical space) with at least 2 feet of distance between squares. Your designated workout area will be 10 feet apart from others.
- You are always to remain in your designated workout area during your workout.
Post Workout Procedures
- Sanitize your hands with the hand sanitizer provided in your workout area.
- Once you have sanitized your hands, please disinfect your own equipment with the provided paper towel and disinfectant. The disinfectant is a commercially approved Health Canada disinfectant.
- While we would love to be able to chat after your sessions, please promptly exit out the front or back to allow staff time to sanitize the studio for the next session. Hand sanitizers will be available to you when you enter and exit the facility.
- The door will be held open with a door stopper to avoid contact with the door handle.
- Staff will be doing an overall sanitation of the studio and your equipment. They will also sanitize high touch areas such as door handles, hand sanitizers, and floors during the 15-minute gap between sessions. At the end of the day, staff will also complete an overall sanitation of the facility and equipment.
Enhanced Facility Cleaning and Sanitizing:
1-Visibly soiled surface must be cleaned immediately and then disinfected by staff.
2-High-touch surfaces (handles, knobs, countertop, desk..) must be disinfected every hour, even if they do not appear to be soiled.
3- Time between clients to thoroughly sanitize will be scheduled, and so a 15-minute buffer will be in place between appointments to allow for sanitizing and for escorting the leaving clients out of the studio and the arriving clients into the studio.
Please note that amendments may be made as we will continue to closely monitor Fraser Health and WorkSafeBC’s guidelines.
Covid-19 Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability for Clients
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19. The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, provincial, and local governments as well as provincial health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited large groups.
EAGLE RIDGE FITNESS Inc. (ERF) has put preventative measures in place to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, ERF cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19. Attending small group functions could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19.
I represent and attest that:
- I agree to follow any and all safety protocols that have been or will be implemented by Eagle Ridge Fitness Inc., including those that are posted at Eagle Ridge Fitness, and those that are sent to me electronically including by email, as well as those posted on the website. I acknowledge that Eagle Ridge Fitness Inc. may change these protocols at any time, and I agree to abide by all such changes.
- I am not experiencing any symptoms of illness. I do not have a fever or cough and am not experiencing shortness of breath. If I develop any of these symptoms, or if I have a suspected or diagnosed case of COVID-19, I agree that I will not attend or participate in any session, or otherwise enter or be physically present.
- I do not believe that I have been exposed to a person with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19 as identified by Public Health.
- I have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 by Public Health.
- I am and will continue to follow recommended guidelines as much as possible, including practicing social distancing, trying to maintain separation of six feet from others and otherwise limiting by exposure to COVID-19.
- I will not visit Eagle Ridge Fitness, within 14 days after traveling internationally, having exposure to any person who has a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 as identified by Public Health.
- I agree to notify Eagle Ridge Fitness immediately if I believe that I am experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 and/or if I have a suspected or diagnosed case of COVID-19.
- I understand that my membership may be suspended if I fail to comply with the Covid-19 protocols in place. Fair warning will be given.
By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending ERF and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and/or death.
I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at ERF may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to ERF staff and program participants and their families. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death) and my family.
On my behalf, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless ERF, its staff and program participants, of and from the claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto.
I understand and agree that this release includes any claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of ERF, its staff and program participants, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any programs offered by Eagle Ridge Fitness Inc.
All information in this document will be confidential and accessed by management only at Eagle Ridge Fitness.
COVID-19 EMPLOYEE ACKNOWLEDGMENT
Employee Name: (Please Print)
Outlet Address: Unit A, 2624 St Johns Street, Port Moody, BC
Employer: Eagle Ridge Fitness Inc.
I acknowledge that the novel coronavirus (“COVID-19”) is a global pandemic and that infections have been confirmed throughout Canada and Internationally, including in the province in which the Outlet is located. The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, provincial, and local governments as well as provincial health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited large groups.
I understand and acknowledge that the Employer cannot guarantee my safety or immunity from infection. There is no known vaccination for COVID-19. The mode by which COVID-19 is transmitted or how long it remains on surfaces or in the air is not entirely known. I fully understand, acknowledge and appreciate these facts and the uncertainty of the virus and how it may impact my health.
I represent and attest that:
- I am not experiencing any symptoms of illness. I do not have a fever or cough and am not experiencing shortness of breath. If I develop any of these symptoms, any other symptom of COVID-19 as communicated to the public by Fraser Health or the Provincial Health Officer, or if I have a suspected or diagnosed case of COVID-19, I will immediately notify Employer and I will not attend or participate in any session at the Outlet, or otherwise enter or be physically present at the Outlet until 14 days have passed without symptoms .
- I agree to follow Fraser Health and Work Safe BC guidelines to protect against the spread of COVID-19. I understand that these guidelines are revised regularly, and I agree to stay abreast of all updates and follow all guidance from Fraser Health and Work Safe BC. I am and will continue to follow recommended guidelines as much as possible, including practicing social distancing, trying to maintain separation of six feet from others and otherwise limiting my exposure to COVID-19.
- I agree to follow any and all safety protocols that have been or will be implemented by Employer, including those that are posted at the Outlet and those that are sent to me electronically including by text message, SMS and/or email, as well as those posted on the website for the Outlet. I acknowledge that the Employer may change these protocols at any time and I agree to abide by any and all such changes.
- I do not believe that I have been exposed to a person with a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19.
- I have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 and not yet cleared as noncontagious by provincial or local public health authorities.
- I will not visit the Outlet, within 14 days after traveling internationally, having exposure to any person who has a suspected or confirmed case of COVID19.
- I agree to notify the outlet immediately if I believe that I am experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 and/or if I have a suspected or diagnosed case of COVID-19.
I fully understand and appreciate both the known and potential dangers of working at the Outlet, and using its facilities, equipment, services and programs.
I acknowledge that working at the Outlet, being present at the Outlet, and/or using any of the Outlet equipment and/or facilities by me may result in exposure to COVID-19, which could result in quarantine requirements, serious illness, disability and/or death.
To the fullest extent permissible by law, I hereby assume, knowingly and voluntarily, all risks associated therewith.