Selecting The Right Port Moody Fitness Facility
Getting fit is more than just eating less sugar and more vegetables. It’s even more than just exercising. Creating a fit body entails both, in addition the attitude that you’ll work as hard as you must to achieve your goals. However, having realistic goals is one thing many people fail to create. If you’ve been a couch potato for 30 years, don’t expect to win a marathon at the end of 30 days of training. If you’re 100 pounds overweight, don’t write a goal to be at your ideal weight in 45 days. Both are unrealistic and even unhealthy goals. That’s why finding a Port Moody fitness facility that offers personal attention can be so beneficial.
Whether you’re just starting on developing a healthier lifestyle and body or are already a seasoned athlete hoping to improve your game, you’ll find that a fitness center that fills your needs is an invaluable tool to attaining your goals. Fitness centers, personal trainers and fitness boot camps aren’t just for the young. Older people can benefit from them too. However, no matter what age or level of fitness, the right facility, personal trainer or boot camp makes all the difference in the world. Some programs offer facilities that appeal to those who love interaction and challenges, providing racquetball courts and basketball facilities. Others may have personal trainers, nutritionists and even physical therapists to help people who need extra aid to overcome problems with weight loss, physical injury or even help creating a program and following it correctly to avoid injury while maximizing results. The key is to identifying your needs and then finding a fitness guru or facility that can help you fill them.
Some questions to ask yourself when looking for a fitness facility in Port Moody.
- Do I want close supervision or am I perfectly capable of creating a training plan and following through with it? Seasoned exercise and fitness experts may not need all the bells and whistles that a total fitness center, boot camp or personal trainer provides. With that said, some still use the services of a personal trainer to improve their program and help them reach a higher level of fitness.
- Do you need dietary advice, besides exercise advice? A boot camp, personal trainer or a fitness center with a nutritionist on staff may be the answer to your needs.
- Do you have special health issues? Some boot camps specialize in working with those who have special requirements. A number of personal trainers also do the same. If you want a fitness center, look for one that has people certified to work with your particular health issue and make certain that whatever type of exercise choice you make, the facility or personal trainer is willing to consult with your physician.
- Do you want a place where you can socialize? What’s better for making friends than working with a team of others to win a basketball game or even beating the other person in racquetball? Granted, if it’s the latter, you’ll have a competitive relationship. Fitness facilities offering these options are perfect for improving your social life. However, boot camps offer you a special type of comradery, too. Don’t overlook the potential to make friends in the gym, particularly if there’s a whirlpool or sauna where you can compare sore muscles after a workout.
- Answer the questions above to start your quest to find the best Port Moody fitness facility. Once you know what you want, you just need to make phone calls and investigate the local services to find the approach to fitness best suiting your needs.
“I look and feel great in my new bikini”
Having been a competitive figure skater I had been in great physical shape all my life, without having to think about it. When I hit my mid 30’s I was starting to gain weight and was not able to develop an effective plan to take the weight off and get back into shape. I was concerned that a program lifting weights would over-develop my muscles and I would end up looking mannish. I‘m now 43 and have regained my strength, tone and definition – my arms (including what used to be “bat-wings” have never looked better! I feel better than I have in years and it is in a large part due to my work with Sam! I’ve been able to incinerate inches and fat off my problem areas. I toned my hips, butt, and inner thighs. I look and feel great in my new bikini.Christina S.“I lost 26 pounds!”
Somehow I found myself 40 lbs overweight and nearing my 50th birthday. In the past I had tried various gyms but with disastrous results. The “trainers” had little or no experience working with clients such as myself with chronic back issues. In the past couple of years I ended up with a very bad case of Plantar Fasciitis on my left foot and tendonitis in my right shoulder. I wanted desperately to lose weight and be pain free, but was very leery of working with someone inexperienced. For that reason I sought out a trainer with a Kinesiology degree. That way I could be confident they understood the issues I had.
I met Sam and he worked with me over the next 5-6 months on various programs always altering as we went along to accommodate my injuries. I lost 26lbs, toned my body and although I am not completely pain free, I have been able to eliminate my pain medication.
Through my recommendation, my friend also started to work with Sam and her results have been great as well!
I have been extremely pleased with the results I got training with Sam and thoroughly enjoyed our time working together.Jan M.