Do you want to lose 10 pounds or more? Losing your first 10 pounds can easily be done. If you’re already inactive, making a couple of adjustments to your diet and exercise will help you lose your first 10 pounds quickly and effectively. It comes down to calories in, and calories out. No, this doesn’t mean starving yourself to create a deficit in calories. Your body is like an engine; it constantly needs good fuel to keep it running effectively.
I know there’s a ton of information out there on weight loss, which can be confusing and misleading. You don’t need some magic pill or some special gadget that promises you quick weight loss. With quick fixes, you’ll end up gaining the weight back. Yes we’ve heard it time and time again. It’s all about consistent diet and exercise. After all, this is a lifestyle choice.
Here are 7 tips to help kick start your weight loss:
- Evaluate your eating habits-Track your food over 3 days. How many times a day are you eating? Do you have breakfast? What are your portion sizes? Are you an emotional eater? Do you binge under stress? You’ll be surprised at what you come up with.
- Plan your meals- Spend one day of the week to plan your meals for the week. Have meals already premade when eating is inconvenient. This will save you a trip to the local fast food joint.
- Have good sources of protein and good sources of carbohydrates in your diet-Protein feeds your lean muscle tissue which is important for maintaining a healthy metabolism. Add complex carbohydrates and vegetables to your diet, and choose foods low on the glycemic index to stabilize your blood sugars.
- Avoid processed meats- Processed meats are loaded with sodium. Sodium causes water retention which makes you look heavier than you really are.
- Say no to alcohol- Alcohol decreases your fat metabolism and will sabotage your efforts to lose weight.
- Increase your physical activity- Add intervals to your cardio workout and lift weights to rev up your metabolism.
- Have one day of the week to have a cheat meal- Enjoy this healthy lifestyle. Reward yourself and have your chocolate cake once a week.
Try the above tips for the next 30 days and see what happens. Consistency is key.